Inaugural Year for the Holiday Shopping Partners Card
Shopping in Lafayette has never been more meaningful. This is the inaugural year for the Holiday Shopping Partners Card benefitting Catholic Services of Acadiana, a local non-profit offering services to people experiencing poverty, hunger and homelessness in our community.
Similar to shopping promotions in major cities like Dallas, Little Rock, Austin and Atlanta, the Holiday Shopping Partners Card entitles the card holder to a 20% discount at participating retailers and restaurants for a 10-day shopping period. 100% of the $60 card purchase directly supports CSA programs, including St. Joseph Diner, St. Michael Center for Veterans, Stella Maris Center, New Life Center, St. Joseph Shelter for Men and Msgr. Sigur Center.
Alicia Abdalla Mouton with Brother’s on the Boulevard presented the idea to start a Partners Card program to Catholic Services of Acadiana after learning about its success in other cities.
“My father, Edward ‘Brother’ Abdalla, has pointed out to me the success of the Dallas Partners Card for years now, suggesting that someone needed to bring it to Lafayette. I began to hear God’s call for me to tie this idea into carrying out the Corporal Works of Mercy in our great city, and CSA does exactly that. Consumers and retailers interact every day. Imagine the collective impact we can make if each transaction also touched the lives of the most vulnerable in our community. This promotion is an opportunity to multiply the generosity of each gift we purchase and share in the spirit of Christmas.”
Did You Know?
Each year Catholic Services of Acadiana...
- Shares over 150,000 meals with people experiencing hunger at St. Joseph Diner
- Provides safe shelter for hundreds of men, women, children and veterans through St. Michael Center for Veterans, New Life Center, and St. Joseph Shelter for Men.
- Rehouses more than 200 individuals and families
- Relieves situational crisis through more than $100,000 in emergency financial assistance at the Msgr. Sigur Center
- Intentionally engages people experiencing homelessness in Downtown Lafayette and surrounding areas through the Downtown Outreach program
- Offers access wash clothes and hot showers to people currently living on the street at Stella Maris Center